first, let’s talk about YOU.
what happened to your dream?
- Has your health been suffering, but nobody has been able to pinpoint the cause? Have you gotten some less-than-ideal numbers from your doctor? Are you feeling some aches and pains? Always exhausted? Blue? Moody? Grumpy?
- Are you experiencing burnout at work?
- Do you work in a mission-driven organization where you spend all day in service to others? Do you then go home and take care of everybody else’s needs there, too?
- Have your own needs been shelved until … well, when?
- Are you living the life you dreamed would be yours, or does it feel like life just got in the way?
- Do others think you’re living the dream, but you feel like you’re living a big, fat lie?
here’s your do-over!
- Get healthy. Improve your numbers, lose the aches and pains, feel rested and more emotionally stable.
- Show up for you. Create space to take care of your own needs—at work and at home.
- Live the dream. Get back in touch with your dream or dream a new one … and start living it!
what is a health coach?
A health coach does not diagnose conditions, prescribe supplements or medications, or treat disease, nor is she a guru or sage on the stage; instead, she acts as a guide on the side, helping you to achieve your health goals by providing information, inspiration, support, and accountability as you make your way toward health.
For more about what a health coach does and how to find one that’s a fit for you, read my interview with Jen Mueller of SparkPeople.com.
why work with me?
I’ve been where you are: overscheduled, overtired, overwhelmed. Trying to take care of everyone and forgetting to take care of me. Feeling like everyone commented on my wonderful life … and like I was living a lie. Thinking that I might just be going crazy.
I’ve worn a lot of hats in the nonprofit sector over the past 15+ years. I’ve been there and back … and have moved beyond feeling like I was barely surviving each day to thriving in a life that I love. And along the way, I have accumulated a few decades worth of knowledge and resources that can help you get there, too.
I can help.
I love seeing my clients experience their own Aha! moments, see their lives in a new light, reach their rediscovered dreams or create new ones, and reclaim their health and themselves in the process.
I’m your biggest cheerleader … until you step into that role yourself.
how we can work together
I offer a wide variety of programs for individuals, private groups, and nonprofits/mission-driven organizations.
These include (and are not limited to):
- EAT™ | Your way to health group coaching: a program especially for women burning out in mission-driven work. AND scholarships are available! Program can be tailored to mission-driven organizations looking to provide coaching as an employee benefit.
- Public speaking, workshops and webinars for private groups and workplace wellness programs.
- 1:1 coaching packages consisting of 6 or 12 sessions—if you are interested in learning more, please schedule a free YOURstory consultation. Maintenance sessions are provided at a discount after completion of a package.
- A private Facebook group for women 40+
- “One-off” health mapping consultations in which we chart a course toward your health goals, then you take the map and run with it on your own.
- Virtual workshops that combine the creation of healthful, mindful meals with Integrative Nutrition® topics and activities. Visit my community page to see what’s currently on the menu!
- Online courses, including meal planning, decluttering your daytimer, and more.
want to know more?
I practice a holistic approach to health and wellness, which means that I help you discover how all facets of your life are connected, how your food and lifestyle choices nourish you (or not). Deep down, you know what to do—I help you listen to that still, small voice you’ve maybe been ignoring.
We’ll start by exploring your dietary choices—not by focusing on calorie counting or complex calculations of carbs, fats, and proteins and not by creating lists of restrictions or classifying foods as “good” and “bad.” Instead, I coach you to determine what food choices work best for you and are sustainable in your given situation.
And perhaps more importantly, we’ll take a look at what nourishes you in addition to food: how are your lifestyle choices feeding your life, and how are they toxifying it?
We’ll create a personalized roadmap to your dream life, a plan that will get you there by taking such small steps that you’ll develop sustainable, new, healthy habits almost without even realizing it.
We connect virtually via phone or video conference—whatever makes you most comfortable.
my coaching programs are NOT for you if…
- you think health and happiness are found in extreme diets and detoxes, pills and painful workouts, smoothies and silver bullets.
- you are looking for a quick, temporary fix for your health issues.
- you are not completely committed to making lasting changes that will help you thrive.
- you’d rather keep living in a way that focuses only on others and puts aside your own dreams.
my coaching programs ARE for you if…
- you are ready to give your health and happiness the attention they deserve.
- you are fully committed to making changes but just can’t seem to do it on your own.
- you are sick of barely surviving and want to really thrive.
- you are tired of living a lie and want to live the dream—your dream.
Think about health coaching as a sound investment in yourself.
- If you don’t have your health, how will you show up at home and at work, for yourself and for others in your life?
- If you consider that getting your health sorted now can save you lots of money in doctor’s bills later, why wouldn’t you invest in yourself?
- If you consider that just one fancy coffee drink a day during a work week can run you over a thousand dollars in a year, why wouldn’t you spend money on something that is not only better for you but will leave you with the resources to be healthy for the rest of your life?
still have questions?
Contact me—I’d love to answer them!
ready to get started?
Sign up tell me YOURstory: it’s like HIStory, but yours. The consultation is FREE—and pitch-free!
Photo Laura McCaffery, 2020